Friday, December 24, 2010

Christmas time in Honduras

If you have never experienced Christmas outside the United States, there is always something to see and experience related to how other countries view Christmas. In Honduras, Christmas is a huge deal. Many schools are not in session, people can have up to almost the whole month off, every shopping place is crazy and busy all day long, decorations have been up for at least two months if not more. Honduras loves the Christmas holiday. There are huge Christmas trees all over and every shopping store is crazy! Being away from all the consumerism and television of the United States has made be begin to examine why I enjoy and want to celebrate Christmas! Through all of this, I have began to see how important Christmas is to spend with my family and why we do truly celebrate the birth of Jesus. I am not so concerned this year of presents and having the latest technology, but being able to be with my family and remember how much God has truly blessed my life. Christmas has always been a rough time of year for my family, but knowing how much God has blessed me with great friends, family, a job I truly enjoy, and all I do have. I cannot complain and know through that how much he does love me. He has watched over me with moving to a new country. When I need encouragement, he helps me see it in different areas of my life. This Christmas I see just how much God does love me and has given me the heart to want to bless others and show them God's love. I hope this Christmas you find a way to bless someone even in a small way because you do never know how truly the little things mean. God has shown me that the little things matter and even just a hug from someone in your life can help you and encourage for days later. Merry Christmas to you all and enjoy this wonderful time of year with friends and family. Remember that God gave us his son on this holiday because he loves us each so much more than we can ever imagine.

This is An and I at the mall with their Christmas tree!

No comments:

Post a Comment