Monday, October 18, 2010

First Quarter coming to a close.......

I can't believe that I've already spent over 2 months living here in Honduras. In the next week, the first quarter is ending and it has come very quickly. Living in Honduras as been a great experience so far. God has been a true blessing. God has shown me that he has me here for a reason. One thing I've gotten to do is be a bible study leader. I lead the 9th grade girls bible study. We have been talking about the book Crazy Love by Francis Chan chapter by chapter. It has been a great experience to hear where the girls are coming from and what they struggle with. It's been great getting to know them outside of school. This has helped open up some relationships. I'm loving it. God has shown me in many ways about his love and how it is important to devote our whole lives to him.
Life has been busy here. I have gotten to help out with a track meet here. At this track meet, Pinares placed 3rd out of 5 teams. This was a great day for them! It was fun being there with the students and watching them participate in their sporting events. I have also gotten to go to some basketball games and help with a game day to raise money for our athletic department. It's been a great experience to see the community that is school is. I love being a part of this community. This weekend I actually got Monday off because of Discovery of America day and next week, we get Monday off for Armed Forces Day. It is weird having holidays in October. I just look at how fast this time has gone and I know before I know it, it will be December and I'll be heading home for a short visit.
There have been trials and times that have made me turn to God and truly lean on him. The first year of teaching isn't always easy like some may think. I have been so busy planning lessons and trying to be creating with not always knowing or understanding the material myself. It is hard to be creative when you don't always know what to expect. It is hard to plan these great lessons like I did in college because I have 10 a week to prepare instead of one every 4 or 5 weeks. I'm trying to be creative with the energy and time I have. I do truly know that I need God to give me this strength and energy to do my best. It's always a great comfort knowing that there is someone bigger, stronger to depend on for me.

1 comment:

  1. You can do it Lindsey...I remember showing you how to use a chainsaw for the first time, you approached it not knowing how you would do, but you went for it and did well. I know God has you there for a reason & a season..You will do well as you lean on Him..You make a difference..thank you for your willingness to be placed in circumstances that are challenging!

    ReplyDelete