Wednesday, August 18, 2010

Beginning of a new school year

School has begun! School started August 19th. Between the 19th and 20th I got to meet all 130 of my students that I will have this year. Most of my students are Honduran but there are a few North Americans. I am teaching 8th and 9th grade science classes. They are earth science and physical science. The beginning of the school year was a little intimidating. I wasn't sure if I truly knew what i was doing. But God has answered many prayers. This school year has started off every well. I am enjoying teaching my classes and I am enjoying getting to know my students. It is nice here because rules are different in several ways. Some are nice because they are not as strict related to teacher/student relationship. As a teacher, I can get to know my students on a friend level. It is good here because their culture focuses so much on getting to know people and the relationships. There are different rules from the school or country like only two tests for the students in a day and can't give homework on a weekend to allow for them to have time with family and church and such. It is nice to experience these differences. God has been so faithful through this whole move and getting ready for school and the beginning of school. I can't complain about anything.
Now that it is four weeks into the school year! I am truely loving it here! I have gotten many opportunities to experience that culture and learn my way around the city on public transportation. God is being so amazing and opening my eyes to many great things. I am truely enjoying getting to know my students and love watching these relationship develop. I am hoping to post pictures soon! Live is crazy busy or I'm being super social and not making time for some times! Either one God has been faithful and I am truely loving it here! Keep praying and lift up my students and help them to open their hearts to God and his love!

2 comments:

  1. Lindsey I am super duper glad that the Lord is blessing you with the students you come into contact with each and everyday..and I am always thinking of you friend...I'm so glad we get to skype....I know you're doing amazing things there and I wish I could be a fly on the wall and sit in on one of your classes sometime!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay! I'm excited for you and glad you're doing well.

    ReplyDelete